Assistant Director of Public Works - Operations
Buena Park, CA 90622
Project Partners is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to act as Assistant Director of Public Works – Operations for a municipality in North Orange County. Our ideal candidate is a senior or retired Civil Engineer with at least 10 years of experience working for cities and strong working knowledge of water operations, distribution, and treatment.
The Assistant Director of Public Works – Operations will be primarily responsible for the city’s water and sewer systems and their improvements. They will oversee budgetary and administrative functions as well as all field maintenance and operations functions. Other responsibilities include providing direction to the Field Operations Manager, Water Services Superintendent, and Sewer Services Supervisor; assisting the Director of Public Works/City Engineer with planning, management, and administration over city yard operations; Managing all operations of the Utilities maintenance division including potable water production, quality, transmission, and distribution; and managing the maintenance and operation of water supply and production facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 8 years of public works experience including water production and distribution systems
- Valid Water Distribution Operator Grade D5
- Valid Water Treatment Operator Grade T2
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Possession of a valid CA Driver’s license
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing