Associate Electrical Engineer
90601 Whittier, CA 90601 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Associate Electrical Engineer with 5+ years of experience with power systems engineering and power distribution design to assist our public client in the Whittier area. The position will be hybrid on-site/remote and full-time (approximately 40 hours per week).
The Associate Electrical Engineer duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for material submittal review and the startup of new installations.
- Oversight of the design of medium and low voltage electrical distribution systems and motor control systems including switchgear, single line diagrams, elementary diagrams, motor control schematics, protective device coordination studies, raceway/wire design.
- Review of NETA test results and performing electrical system startup and commissioning (low and medium-voltage systems).
- Design electrical, controls and instrumentation in coordination with civil, mechanical, and structural designs.
- Monitor industrial controls, including instrumentation and programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Conduct power systems studies such as load flow, short circuit, motor starting, arcflash, and generator sizing.
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Associate Electrical Engineer will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Licensed California Professional Engineer (PE) is desired
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a design capacity of electrical equipment and instrumentation
- Familiarity with Power Distribution, MCCs, VFDs, Relays, Solar Power, and EV Chargers
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code and its application in electrical design
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees.
- Project Partners offers medical and dental benefits. You can choose the best plan for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of employee’s medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays, and floating days off
- 401(k) and Profit-sharing programs