Water Plant Operator
Carpinteria, CA 93013
Project Partners is seeking a Water Operator to assist a public-sector organization in the Carpinteria area. The minimum certification level for this position is a State of California Water Grade III Distribution Certificate and Grade II Treatment Operator Certificate. The selected individual will operate, maintain, and repair pumps, control valves, pressure regulating valves, chlorinators, booster pumps, filtration equipment and other related facilities.
The selected individual will assist the supervisor in the coordination and supervision of a public water distribution and treatment facility; perform a variety of skilled duties involved in the operation and upkeep of equipment, facilities, and monitor operation and safety.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Possession of a valid Grade II Water Treatment Operator Certificate
- Possession of a valid Grade III Distribution Operator Certificate
- Familiarity with principles and procedures of water distribution and treatment operations
- Knowledge of methods, equipment, chemicals and materials used in the treatment, storage, and distribution of water
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing