Wastewater Plant Operator
Oceanside, CA 92054 | Full Time
Project Partners has an immediate need for a short-term Water Treatment Plant Operator to assist the City of Oceanside for a 2-3 month contract filling in for an operator out on medical leave. The minimum certification level for this position is a State of California Grade III Water Treatment Operator Certificate. The treatment plant is a direct filtration plant rated at 25 million gallons per day (MGD). Process includes rapid mix, flocculation, filtration and disinfection. The plant treats surface water received from San Diego County Water Authority.
The selected individual will assist the supervisor in the coordination and supervision of a direct filtration facility; perform a variety of skilled duties involved in the operation and upkeep of plant equipment, facilities, and monitor the plant for efficient operation and safety.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Possession of a valid Water Grade III Water Treatment Operator Certificate
- Familiarity with principles and procedures of water treatment plant operations
- Knowledge of methods, equipment, chemicals and materials used in the treatment, storage, and distribution of water
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing