Wastewater Cost Estimator
Playa del Rey, CA 90293 | Full Time
Project Partners, a Southern California civil engineering firm, is engaged in a long term (multi-year) contract with the City of Los Angeles, is seeking an experienced wastewater cost estimator to prepare cost estimates at different levels of design for various projects including wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater collection facilities, pipelines and various water / wastewater infrastructure ranging from $1-100 million dollars.
Organization, attention to detail, ability to work within tight time constraints and under pressure; and ability to work within a proposal team are all important for proper performance of required duties.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Serve as the point of contact and coordinate the parameters of the estimating assignment.
- Review design documents such as specifications and drawings to identify risks and opportunities related to competitive pricing for key project elements.
- Develop costs estimates in a manner and level of detail consistent with the project goals.
- Review the final multi-discipline estimate and prepare report deliverables for the end user.
- Lead preparation of smaller estimates and lead project estimating teams.
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, other technical degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years estimating experience
- Field experience a plus (preference given to candidates who possess both estimating and field experience)
- The ability to estimate all disciplines with an emphasis in, Site piping, & Process Mechanical.
- Experience working with other discipline estimators to develop a comprehensive project estimate
- Water / Wastewater Treatment Plant experience required
- Strong computer skills required
- Must be proficient in using MS Word, and Excel
- Cost control and scheduling exposure is a plus
- Experience in pipelines and various water conveyance systems is a plus
- HCSS (Heavybid) Estimating software knowledge is a plus
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing