Utilities Operations Manager
Redlands, CA 92373 | Part Time
Project Partners is seeking a Part-time Utilities Operations Manager to assist a public-sector client in the Redlands area. This position is ideal for a retiree with a strong background in Wastewater Treatment Plan Operations and Maintenance.
The selected individual will work an estimated 2-3 days/week to assist the wastewater department supervise, plan, and coordinate the activities, operations and maintenance, and regulatory compliance, of wastewater treatment plant and related facilities. The selected candidate will also direct wastewater operations programs and staff, project management, and contract administration, including all aspects of wastewater treatment, recycled water distribution, and sewer collection systems. Coordinate the preparation of detailed specifications for the purchase of wastewater collection, water and wastewater treatment equipment and the development of maintenance management plans. In addition, He/she will coordinate activities with other divisions, outside agencies, and the general public; and to provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance.
Sample Duties include:
- Represent the Department at public meetings and participate in dissemination of public information related to wastewater and recycled water treatment activities
- Prepare and implement the budget for wastewater operation functions; prepare forecast and justification of funds required for personnel, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and control approved budget expenditures.
- Establish goals, objectives, schedules, and methods of wastewater collection and treatment and recycled water; make recommendations and assist in the development of long range plans; conduct special studies to determine areas of improvements and/or new programs; assist in feasibility studies and implement programs as directed.
- Direct the development of wastewater treatment and collections work plans; assign daily work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate equipment, methods, and procedures; inspect utility system installation projects; assist engineering with the design of new wastewater system installation; plan, organize, and supervise new wastewater construction projects.
- Administer agreements with consultants, engineers, contractors and vendors, including development of work scope, costs, and detail sufficient to issue bids, requests for proposals, agreements, and purchase requisitions; track all agreements and purchase orders; review and prepare invoicing; act as project manager including coordination and technical review.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 6 years of increasingly responsible experience in the management of water and/or wastewater operations, maintenance, and regulatory compliance of municipal utility systems, including 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of a valid CA Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing