Santa Ana, CA 92702
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Traffic Engineer to assist a public sector client in the Orange County area. Our ideal candidate is an experienced Traffic Engineer with PE or EIT. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assigns, plans, supervises and evaluates day-to-day operations, activities and procedures to ensure the timely maintenance of traffic signals, street lighting, traffic control and construction signing, and pavement markings.
- Prepares and presents at public meetings traffic studies and analysis and provides recommendations.
- Designs, prepares and checks plans and specifications, and acts as Project Engineer during the installation of traffic signals and roadway lighting, street and construction signing, pavement markings and street intersections and realignment and other traffic projects.
- Create or review traffic impact studies and traffic control construction plans for City and development projects.
- Create or review temporary traffic control plans for City and development construction projects.
- Coordinates with other Public Works Divisions and City Departments.
- Prepares and administers budget for the traffic control and street lighting operations.
- Maintains inventories of City traffic signals, street lighting, and traffic control signing, and pavement markings.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- PE or TE preferred, EIT required
- Minimum 5 years of Traffic Engineering experience preferably in the public sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid CA ID or Driver's License and reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing