Survey Party Chief
Los Angeles, CA 90012 | Full Time
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Surveyor to act as Survey Party Chief. The selected individual will provide field and office services related to land development in the LA County area. Our ideal candidate will have a CA Land Surveyor license or L.S.I.T. certification and a strong working knowledge of survey instruments, their use and methods of adjustment and good knowledge of survey principles and practices.
The Survey Party Chief will supervise a survey party and assist a Survey Supervisor to conduct preliminary, real property, litigation, construction, center line, topographic, photogrammetric control, and geodetic surveys. They will also instruct and train members of the survey party on how to perform their duties, maintain control of equipment, instruments, and transportation units assigned to the survey party, index and file survey notes, and ensure the accuracy of work assignments.
Other duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and supervise crews and projects
- Perform survey calculations for construction staking
- Research, review and analyze title reports and boundary for property determination
- Topography surveys and photogrammetry control
- Staking of fixed works including utilities such as water, sewer and storm drain
- Mapping including ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys
- Legal description development and retracement
- Minimum 5 years of land surveying experience preferably with a public-sector organization
- Valid CA Driver’s License and good driving record required
- L.S.I.T. desired, CA Licensed Land Surveyor is highly desirable
- Strong working knowledge of survey principles, practices, instruments and their use, and methods of adjustment
- Good knowledge of mathematics, through plane trigonometry, as applied to surveys, including traverse closures, bearing and azimuths, grades, circular and parabolic curves, computation of area and the use of trigonometric and curve data tables and electronic calculators
- Good knowledge of the basic features of the United States Public Land subdivision and legal descriptions of property
- Familiar with current equipment such as Trimble S6 and R10
- Familiarity with Survey Pro & Trimble Access data collector
- Good knowledge of supervisory principles and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing