Structural CAD / Revit Designer
Los Angeles, CA 90016 | Full Time
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Structural Designer with 3 to 5 years of experience to work with our public client’s Design Group on projects for City of Los Angeles.
The position will be to develop Structural 3D drawings and details. The selected individual will assist in the design of water and wastewater treatment projects made to City Standards in Revit. The Designer will provide design support to the Project Manager and Structural Engineer on wastewater-treatment plan projects.
- Ability to layout and perform design / drafting of engineering drawings from verbal direction, rough sketches or from scanned backgrounds.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in structural CAD support
- Knowledgeable in latest Revit program release including 2017
- Knowledge of City CADD Standards and Procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the preparation of wastewater treatment and pumping plant engineering drawings is desirable
- Experience with structural steel, concrete, and wood for industrial and wastewater applications
- The designer must be willing to work with others and receive and comply with instructions
- The Designer must be able to consider various design alternatives and must be able to provide design recommendations
- Knowledge and applications of industry code and standards like APWA, ANSI, UBC, etc.
- Navisworks capability is a plus.
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing