Sr. Engineering Technician
San Diego, CA | Full Time
The Senior Engineering Technician provides a full range of highly skilled technical support for professional engineers and project managers; performs journey-level computer-aided design drafting and preparation
of engineering plans, sketches, record drawings, layouts, right-of-way drawings, legals and plats, graphic displays, exhibits, and maps.
- Plan checks and revises water facilities plans and specifications submitted by consultants for accuracy and conformance with Water Authority computer-aided design drafting standards.
- Provides technical guidance to other technicians and staff.
- Utilizes field survey data, project design criteria and standards, and computer-aided design and drafting software to produce engineering plans, sketches, profiles, plats, tables, graphics and maps; performs routine-to-difficult mathematical calculations; prepares and revises record drawings.
- Creates computer-generated graphics and illustrations for reports, presentations and Board meetings.
- Organizes and maintains a variety of files and records.
- The position requires a minimum graduation from high school or G.E.D. Associates degree from a college or university which is accredited by the US Department of Education, with major coursework in Public Administration / Engineering, or a related field is a plus.
- Requires (4-8) years of Senior Engineering Technician experience.
- The selected candidate must be proficient in all Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- The selected candidate must possess a valid California Class C Driver’s license at the time of appointment.
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing