Senior Transportation Project Manager
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
Project Partners is seeking a part-time Senior Transportation Project Manager to oversee a major grade separation project in the City of Industry. Our ideal candidate is a Senior Civil Engineer with PE, PMP certification, and heavy construction/project management experience.
- Performs professional project management duties by coordinating the Grade Separation Project (Project) components and the various consultants; ensures maintenance of schedule and budget and the delivery of the Project and objectives.
- Manages the construction of the Project through the construction management firm; reviews a variety of highly technical Project documentation including change orders and design changes; coordinates the resolution of issues with staff and professional construction management, engineering and design consultants or service providers.
- Assumes responsibility for all aspects of project management including oversight of design revisions, construction management, right of way out grants, utility relocation, and railroad coordination of the Project.
- Reviews recommended changes, or alterations to the approved plans, including any agreed to betterments, and submits to the Chief Engineer for approval.
- Reviews all Project related invoices and recommends payment to the Chief Engineer.
- Coordinates Project with local jurisdictions, Union Pacific Railroad representatives and other key participants and stakeholders, and submits recommendations disputed items to the Chief Engineer for final decision.
- Establishes and maintains Project schedules and budgets; prepares status reports, updates and presentations.
- Ensures that Project construction meets established objectives and agreed upon requirements of the local jurisdictions and the UPRR.
- Serves as safety liaison for emergency responses.
- Interfaces with residents and commercial property owners to minimize impact to the business or resident during construction.
- Participates in required staff meetings, attends Capital Projects and Construction Committee meetings as needed, meets with the Chief Engineer, and performs other project management duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Registration required
- PMP Certification required
- Minimum 10 years of public works project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of a valid Driver’s license and car insurance