QA/QC Design Manager - Wastewater
Playa del Rey, CA 90293
Project Partners is seeking a QA/QC Design Manager for a public-sector client in the Playa del Rey area. Our ideal QA/QC Design Manager will have their PE and at least 20 years of experience reviewing designs for complex industrial or wastewater treatment projects.
QA/QC Design Manager Responsibilities:
- Plan checking for all discipline areas: Mechanical, Structural, Electrical, Civil, and Instrumentation
- Reviewing pre-design reports and 50%-90% plans and specifications to identify errors, omissions, or deficiencies and make recommendations
- Oversee corrective measures to ensure regulatory compliance
- Supervise and direct quality control work and personnel
- Review contract documents and recommend modifications to eliminate change orders
- Work closely with PMs, designers, and drafters to improve design processes and techniques
- PE strongly preferred
- Minimum 20 years of design review and/or overseeing construction for wastewater treatment projects
- Working knowledge of all technical discipline areas (Mechanical, Structural, Electrical, Civil, & Instrumentation)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing