Mechanical Engineer - Wastewater Design
Los Angeles, CA 90017 | Full Time
Project Partners Has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer with PE and 10 years of experience in the wastewater field to assist a public-sector client in the LA area. Our ideal candidate will have strong experience with Autodesk Revit and will assist with mechanical design and developing construction specifications for several large wastewater treatment plants in the LA area.
The Mechanical Engineer will perform complex design and research tasks for wastewater reclamation plant mechanical systems with specialization in process piping, pumping systems, process blowers and compressors equipment, odor control and chemical feed systems, detailed mechanical design including hydraulic drop calculations, thermal expansion, stress calculations and support types. The Mechanical Engineer will also develop construction specifications and prepare standards for process piping and mechanical equipment and may interface with other City and regulatory agencies as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years’ experience in Mechanical design at a process facility.
- Licensed Mechanical Engineer in the State of California.
- Familiarity with Autodesk REVIT.
- Ability to produce engineering sketches and calculations with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good skills in optimizing systems and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of mechanical engineering software.
- Good knowledge of construction management.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with other offices, departments, agencies and the public.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, identify relevant issues, and formulate reasonable, effective solutions.
- Ability to prepare clear and comprehensive technical reports, charts, and graphs.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office products.
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work.
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing