Fountain Valley, CA | Full Time
Project Partners is seeking a Maintenance Planner/Scheduler to plans corrective, preventative, and predictive maintenance work orders for a wastewater treatment plant using a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) using Maximo software; screens initial job requests, researches jobs and analyzes requirements, and builds detailed job plans; assists in developing reliability based maintenance strategy based on preventative and predictive maintenance best practices; researches and proposes the most efficient and optimal way to perform the job; ensures maintenance staff receive timely, efficient, and quality services; assists operations staff in balancing needs for daily output and equipment reliability through proactive maintenance planning; performs other duties as assigned.
Duties includes but not limited to:
- Maintenance planning and scheduling through Maximo, working closely with staff in Operation & Maintenance and Information Technology (IT) Departments.
- Plans, prioritizes, and schedules routine and non-routine corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance work based on demand, workload, and available parts and materials; makes recommendations on system improvements.
- Receives unplanned requests for non-emergency maintenance work; visits job sites and determines the nature of the problem or repair request; selects and describes the most efficient and optimal way to perform the job; identifies, recommends, and sequences the job by specific and logical tasks or steps; determines resource requirements; promotes energy conservation practices.
- Assembles the planned job package including detailed work orders, job plan detail by task, labor deployment plan by craft and skill, bill of material, parts acquisition/procurement plan, required permits, technical resources, and documentation of assigned maintenance crew needed to successfully complete the job.
- Organizes, plans, and assists in scheduling all necessary resources to accomplish maintenance activities; releases job for scheduling when required resources are available.
- Ensures the integrity and update of a CMMS database; ensures orderly and timely transition of work orders from request stage to “schedule ready” backlog; ensures accurate and up-to-date numbering of all equipment; maintains equipment history; analyzes backlog and ensures all planned work is prioritized and backlog relief measures exist.
- Performs long- and short-range planning including regular analysis of backlog relative to available resources.
- Operation and maintenance of wastewater equipment specifically related to area of assignment.
- Principles, practices, methods, and equipment related to planning and scheduling the maintenance of treatment and collection systems, infrastructure, and facilities.
- Principles, practices, equipment, materials, and tools used for assigned maintenance and repair programs and projects, including developing a preventative maintenance program.
- Principles and practices of maintain and ensuring the data integrity of a CMMS database. Basic principles and practices of budget development, administration, and accountability.
- Principles and practices of contract administration and evaluation.
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures relevant to assigned area of responsibility.
- Safety practices, procedures, and equipment pertaining to work. Record keeping principles and procedures.
Education and Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by specialized training in the areas of mechanical equipment maintenance or wastewater treatment plant operations; AND
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in the maintenance and/or operations of industrial facilities, such as those found in a wastewater treatment plant, including:
- Three (3) years of journey level experience at a level comparable to a Senior Mechanic, Electrical Technician II, or Instrumentation Technician II idealy at a District for a maintenance focused planner.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License by time of appointment.
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing