Interim City Engineer/Public Works Director
San Gabriel, CA 91775 | Full Time
Project Partners is seeking an Interim City Engineer/Public Works Director to work for a municipality in the LA area. Our ideal candidate is a Retired Civil Engineer/Public Works Director with at least 10 years of experience managing public works department.
The selected individual will manage the engineering division, manage projects, and conduct plan review on major public works and capital projects for the city. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to developing and monitoring budget for division programs/projects; representing the city at key meetings; presenting reports to City Council; and developing and maintaining effective working relationships with contractors, vendors, outside agencies, and city staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- Professional Registration required
- Minimum 10 years of experience with at least 3 in a project management role preferably in the public sector
- Local government experience is highly desirable
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing