I&C Engineer with PE
Playa del Rey, CA 90293 | Full Time
Project Partners has an immediate need for an experienced I&C Engineer to provide design work and support for a large wastewater treatment plant in the LA area.
Tired of worrying about deadlines and stressing over the next project? Looking for interesting and steady design work? This is the position for you! Working for Project Partners gives you the best of both worlds; steady, consistent workload, regular hours with no weekend or overtime work, and innovative and challenging projects. Duties will include working on various I&C projects, from conceptual development through detailed design and commissioning. Specific tasks could include detailed design development, layout and selection of equipment, development of contract drawings using 2D and 3D design approaches, design review, construction support, and commissioning support.
The I&C Engineer will successfully manage and execute electrical and or I&C designs to be on time and within budget using provided systems and tools. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to providing record management for drawings and training on standards and procedures; developing control panel layout and wiring drawings, detail instrumentation wiring schematics, conduit and circuit schedules, DCS/PLC wiring, logic diagrams, and loop diagrams; preparing and checking working drawings or calculations of complexity or layouts and arrangements requiring independent judgment; and preparing engineering reports, plans, specifications and construction cost estimates.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in instrumentation & controls design and engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or other Engineering disciplines
- Professional Registration required
- Prior experience in the Wastewater field preferred
- Prior experience/familiarity with Honeywell systems preferred
- Ability to Read P&IDs
- Strong communication skills
- Valid CA ID or Driver’s License
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing