GIS Database Programmer
90015 Los Angeles, CA 90015
Project Partners is seeking an ARC GIS Programmer to perform duties as described below:
Candidate will perform technically difficult programming and program maintenance for applications that use geospatial data, relational databases and GIS software on local networks, wide area networks, cloud based applications, and web applications or local desktops. Acts as a lead analyst and developer on projects with GIS components. The applicant will develop databases, user interfaces as well as API services to transfer workflow among departments, bureaus and offices as well as to vendors outside the City. It will be necessary to integrate a variety of databases, spreadsheets, and geospatial information as well as allow for the upload of binary data into the workflow databases and repositories.
Manage multiple programming projects, deadlines, and status reports. Coordinate various project modules into a complete application. Review programming requests and modifications to existing applications. Meet with department, contractor, and systems staff regularly to provide input and recommendations on software development, applications, and project implementation, as well as recommendations on resolving technical obstacles.
Meet regularly with application stakeholders (including Mayor's Office, Council Offices, Boards, Bureaus and Departments) to identify and clarify functional requirements, business rules, data validation rules, and general work flow. Identifies and documents work flow and performs data modelling for new and existing processes. Provide direction on the capabilities and limitations of proposed and operating systems.
Integrate manual and client based systems into a seamless web-based workflow process that meets City requirements for reporting, accounting, performance metrics and documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent scheduling, work organization, and process optimization skills
- Excellent programming and analytical skills to develop program specifications and write programs for complex operations using GIS
- Ability to update and enhance existing programs to work with new technologies
- Ability to test and debug programs to identify problems and establish system requirements and objectives
- Ability to design applications for input, output, storage and retention of spatial and tabular data
- Ability to improve processes to achieve performance improvements
- Ability to prepare and present to management status reports on proposed applications and concept functionality
- Ability to prepare documentation including materials and procedures for the operation/use of applications for city staff and outside contractors
- Ability to develop and conduct training classes for department staff and other stakeholders on the use of the applications
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with other co-workers, offices, departments, agencies and the public
- Ability to analyze complex problems, identify relevant issues, and formulate reasonable, effective solutions
- Excellent skills, knowledge, and abilities in Adobe ColdFusion, or other similar development software for creating user interfaces for databases
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing