GIS & CAD Technician
San Bernardino, CA 92415
Project Partners is seeking a GIS Technician with CAD experience for an “as-needed” position with a client in the San Bernardino area. Our ideal candidate is a GIS Technician with at least 3-5 years of experience and 1-2 years of experience with CAD Drafting and some experience working on landfill or other solid waste projects.
GIS Technician with CAD Experience Responsibilities:
- Prepare GIS maps to for a range of solid waste projects
- Prepare CAD drawings for and assist with design of solid waste, landfill facilities
- Assist Senior Engineers with updating existing GIS database
- Input textual and geographic data for preparation of GIS mapping and other special projects
- Research, interpret, and analyze data records for projects and perform data input using coordinate geometry
- Organizing, maintaining, and archiving computer files
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, or related field from an accredited college or university
- GIS Certificate may be considered in lieu of degree
- Prior solid waste and/or landfill experience strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working with GIS
- 1-2 years of CAD drafting experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, ArcView, Arc Info, ArcMap, and other ESRI products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing