Field Surveyor Technician
Los Angeles, CA 90012 | Full Time
Project Partners is seeking a Field Survey Technician with at least 2 years of surveying experience to assist a public-sector client in the LA area. The selected individual will assist with surveying and other field work on a number of public works and traffic-related projects in and around Los Angeles. They will be responsible for preparing and setting survey markers and construction stakes indicating offset, cut and fill data, elevations, stationing, slope stake information and position location, and setting and plumbing for foresight and backsight targets.
Other duties include but are not limited to conducting land surveying work and supporting engineering personnel, operating data collectors and GPS receivers, taking measurements readings while maintaining proper tape tension and plumbing with a plumb bob over survey points, providing mathematical checks of measured angles, electronic slope measurement reduction or slope chain reduction to horizontal distances, angle conversions to bearings, and prorations correcting measured lines or angles. The selected individual will be required to perform plan interpretation and calculations for construction staking; centerline recovery, analysis, and perpetuation; and prepare field notes for documentation of surveying activities.
- 2 semesters of recognized surveyor’s apprenticeship classes at an accredited college
- Minimum 1 years of field survey experience including the performance of chaining, running a rod, and optical plumbing operations
- Valid CA Driver’s License and good driving record required
- Specific knowledge of or experience with sets and marks stakes, hubs, turning points, bench marks, and Electronic Distance Measuring Device (EDM) strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing