Entry Level Water/Wastewater Engineer
Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352 | Full Time
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Junior Civil Engineer to assist a public-sector organization in the Lake Arrowhead area with design, GIS, and inspection of water and wastewater facilities. Under the direction of a Senior Civil Engineers, the junior engineer will work with AutoCAD and GIS to facilitate water and wastewater systems design and operation projects.
Example of the duties the selected individual will perform include:
- A variety of administrative and technical engineering duties in support of the services and activities of the Engineering Department;
- Provide maps of water and wastewater system locations,
- construction services availability letters,
- fire flow tests to customers and/or contractors; receive, log,
- process water and wastewater permits;
- update GIS maps using collected data and other as-needed GIS support
- Keep and maintain appropriate engineering records;
- Create AutoCAD Drawings and layouts and perform final drafting tasks from general instructions or conceptual information.
- Assist in design efforts for municipal projects related to water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, and pipelines. Tasks include design, modeling and drafting, coordinating workload with engineering staff, and interacting with the design team, client, subcontractors, utilities, and teaming partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field required
- E.I.T. preferred, but not required
- 1-3 years of Civil Engineering experience
- Knowledge and understanding of AutoCAD specific to gravity and pressure pipeline design, and general knowledge of earthwork and grading required
- Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and verbally essential
- Effective oral and written communication essential
- Demonstrated ability to use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Familiar with drafting standards (i.e., layers, modeling, editing, annotation, sheet layout, etc.)
- Efficiently able to manage multiple assignments to meet project deadlines
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver’s License and reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing