Murrieta, CA 92562 | Full Time
Project Partners is seeking an Engineering Technician to work for a city within the Development Services Department. Our ideal candidate will work at the front counter and interact with the public to provide assistance with the issuance of encroachment, transportation, and grading permits. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to working directly with the public to make recommendations on existing plans to achieve compliance with relevant city and state codes as well as recommending approval or disapproval of such plans to City Engineers. The selected individual will review plan submittals for completeness; prepare/calculate relevant permit application fees; coordinate with city departments, divisions, consultants, utilities, and other public agencies; and provide general assistance to the public as needed.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent required
- Prior public works experience highly desirable
- Prior experience working for a public agency preferred
- Some familiarity with encroachment, transportation, or grading permits preferred, but not required
- Ability to read and accurately interpret civil engineering plans
- Ability to coordinate with multiple departments, divisions, consultants, utilities and other public agencies
- Strong communication skills
- Reliable means of transportation to and from work
- Valid CA Driver’s license or ID
- Auto Insurance if applicable
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing