Los Angeles, CA 90017 | Full Time
Project Partners has an immediate need for an experienced Engineering Technician to serve a client in the LA area. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with public works engineering projects, particularly field assessment and/or inspection and have strong mathematical reasoning abilities. This position will consist of approximately 25% office work and 75% field work. The selected individual will assess sidewalk condition (damage or cracks) for ADA compliance by taking measurements and reporting findings of sidewalks spanning whole city blocks.
The Engineering Technician must able to be on their feet for most of the day and walk for extended periods of time. They will work with a Measuring Wheel and Smart Level to take measurements and record data regarding slopes of curb ramps and crack height to determine whether sidewalk replacement is required. The selected individual will also visit sites after the sidewalk has been replaced to verify compliance.
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent
- 1-3 years of field assessment experience is desirable
- Ability to work on one’s feet for extended periods and be in the field for the majority of the day
- Strong mathematical reasoning skills
- Familiarity with City of LA Design Standards for sidewalks is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Suite, and Bluebeam required
- Possession of a valid CA Driver’s License and clean driving record required
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing