Engineering Design Manager
Anaheim, CA 92801 | Full Time
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Senior Water Engineer to serve as Engineering Design Manager for a private sector client in the Orange County area. Our ideal candidate is a Senior Civil Engineer with PE and at least 10 years of experience in the water field. The Engineering Design Manager will supervise and manage capital improvement projects and be responsible for designing the company’s capital budget.
The selected individual will be responsible for managing the design portion of the capital improvement program and for managing engineering records and company standards. They will also oversee the completion of design for the annual board and/or relevant public utilities commission capital budget for all company projects; coordinate internal and external resources towards the completion of designs for capital projects; prepare/supervise preparation of periodic reports to senior management of the status of the design capital construction program; Ensures regulatory compliance; and works with procurement to resolve issues with vendors and consultants regarding commencement, execution and completion of design or testing services for the design of construction projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Registration required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in managing public works and/or utility projects and at least 5 years in an Engineering Management role
- Strong water/wastewater experience is highly desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and other applicable office software. Knowledgeable in AutoCAD and hydraulic modeling software.
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
- Strong to excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing