Electrical/Civil Water CAD Designer
Anaheim, CA 92801
Project Partners is seeking a midlevel Electrical / Civil CAD Designer with experience in electrical and/or Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) design. Projects will include equipment upgrades for power, lighting, and control systems, field condition assessments, short circuit studies, protective device coordination, and arc hazards flash analysis as well as some civil structures associated with the processing, storage, and transportation of water. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an experienced designer to leverage their skills while doing challenging and meaningful work.
For the right candidate, this position offers the opportunity for significant professional growth. In this role, your responsibilities will include electrical and I&C design work conceptual through detailed design development, equipment layout, Process and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), development of contract drawings using 2D design approaches, bid package preparation, field investigations, and support during construction. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for building things, meeting new people, mentoring staff, and collaborate with seasoned professionals who perform industrial and municipal, electrical, and other water/wastewater work. Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinate design efforts with other electrical and I&C drafters and designers
- Coordination of multidiscipline models with the ability to develop plans and sections across disciplines
- Coordinate design and model changes with other disciplines
- Field investigations, inspections, and field design support
- Interpretation and markup/update of electrical and/or I&C design plans and specifications
- Design development for facility power, lighting, control system and alarm systems
- Collaborating with a national team of technical experts in the electrical and process automation group
- Completion of 2-year vocational training with an emphasis on AutoCAD
- Experience working in the municipal water/wastewater and/or private industry a plus
- Proficient in using AutoCAD for creating design and construction drawings
- Strong understanding of the national electric code
- Understanding and experience with electrical safety, NFPA 70E, is a plus
- Understanding and experience with power systems software such as SKM Power Systems is a plus
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing