CAD Civil 3D Designer
Playa del Rey, CA 90293 | Full Time
Project Partners has an immediate need for an AutoCAD Civil 3D Designer to assist a public-sector client in the LA area. The selected individual will work with a team of designers and assist with design work for a large wastewater treatment plant.
In this role you will work directly with engineers on multi-discipline designs for water and wastewater projects utilizing Autodesk software (AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D). Project work includes; development of civil layout drawings of various underground utility systems, grading, roads, buildings, and other requirements often in Wastewater Treatment Plant facilities. This position requires knowledge of gravity and pressure pipeline plan and profile development other civil designs. Development of contract drawings, field investigations, and support during construction are also important.
The CAD Civil 3D Designer will use Autodesk programs to design 3D civil models for use by other design disciplines as well as contractors on projects for municipal, private industrial, and federal clients.
- Prepare 3D models and layouts and perform final drafting tasks from general instructions or conceptual information.
- Demonstrate skills with thorough knowledge of procedures, practices, and use of the Autodesk software, including; AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D programs.
- Assist in design efforts for municipal projects related to water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, and pipelines. Tasks include design, modeling and drafting, coordinating workload with engineering staff, and interacting with the design team, client, subcontractors, utilities, and teaming partners.
- Work within company design standards and specifications to prepare drawings in conjunction with other design disciplines.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in municipal and/or industrial civil design required
- Knowledge and understanding of AutoCAD & AutoCAD Civil 3D software specific to gravity and pressure pipeline design, and general knowledge of earthwork and grading required
- Experience implementing and maintaining project directories and file sharing protocol with other designers and engineers
- Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and verbally essential
- Effective oral and written communication essential
- Demonstrated ability to use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Familiar with drafting standards (i.e., layers, modeling, editing, annotation, sheet layout, etc)
- Efficiently able to manage multiple assignments to meet project deadlines
- Experience with wastewater applications
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver’s License and reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing