Associate Water Engineer
Los Angeles, CA 90040
Tired of worrying about deadlines and stressing over the next project? Looking for interesting and steady design work?
This is the position for you! Working for Project Partners gives you the best of both worlds. Steady, consistent workload, regular hours with no weekend or overtime work, and innovative and challenging projects.
Project Partners is seeking an Associate Water Engineer for a public sector client in the Whittier area. Our ideal Associate Water/Wastewater Engineer (PE is preferred) and at least 5-8 years of water design and/or project management experience.
Associate Water/Wastewater Engineer Responsibilities:
- Prepare plans and specification for water and wastewater distribution/conveyance and treatment systems including pipeline, sewers, pump stations, lift stations, filtration plants, water tanks, and drainage facilities
- Manage facilities expansions or refurbishment projects and establish scopes of work to include progress schedules and cost estimates
- Monitor construction, conduct field investigations, and ensure all progress meets approved plans, specifications, and state/local regulatory compliance
- Maintain and analyze planning information for land use, population, and demographics and prepare reports on growth related to impact on water, wastewater, and recycled water use and facilities
- Perform facilities studies and hydraulic modelling to evaluate alternative facilities and recommend future capital improvements
- Coordinate between consultants, other departments, and outside agencies on engineering design projects; Attend regular meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5-8 years of water/wastewater design/project management experience
- Professional Registration preferred
- Working knowledge of Auto cad and GIS
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing