Associate Public Works Engineer
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
Project Partners is seeking an associate-level civil engineer with at least 4-8 years of public works experience. Ideal candidates will have at least 5 years of public works CIP, encroachment permitting, and/or water design experience.
Associate Public Works Engineer Responsibilities:
- Review plans and make recommendations to assist developers and contractors through the encroachment permitting process
- Assist with regulatory compliance for water systems
- Manage multiple municipal capital improvement projects from design through bidding and contracting
- Develop and monitor project schedules
- Develop RFPs including drawings, calculations, specifications, and plans
- Plan and direct the work of lower-level engineering staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 4-8 years of public works project management experience
- PE or E.I.T. preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing