Assistant Water Field Engineer
92805 Anaheim, CA 92805
Project Partners is currently looking to fill the role of an Assistant Water Field Engineer
Under general supervision, the Assistant Water Field Engineer performs a variety of standard engineering related tasks that may include: field assessment of existing water infrastructure (valves, manholes, PRVs etc) to determine condition and repair / replacement options. Assist in development of RFPs and bids and conduct project management for small CIP or maintenance projects. Assistance in maintaining various water system maintenance databases. Contractor management, which encompasses planning and scheduling work, overseeing contractors, inspecting the quality of work, and construction oversight to conformance with the Scope of Work (SOW); safety and regulatory requirements, quality expectations.
Additionally, the successful candidate will prepare memos, contract documents, studies and reports regarding water facilities; review/process invoice payment; participate in in-house engineering projects discussion of maintenance issues and problems and upgrade needs, and develop corrective action plans; and perform related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or currently working toward BS/MS) in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college/university
- At least 1-year prior Internship and/or related consulting experience preferred
- Knowledge of operations of water systems and flow regimes is required.
- Experience in design drawings and specifications, and construction cost estimating is preferred.
- I.T. certification preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing