Assistant Water Engineer
La Crescenta, CA 91214 | Full Time
Project Partners is seeking an Assistant Water Engineer to serve for approximately 4-6 months in North LA County. The selected individual will assist with design and project management on a wide range of ongoing capital improvement and facilities maintenance projects for water distribution and wastewater collection systems. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to construction management, providing general administrative support with proposals and RFPs, and as-needed design work.
Examples of duties:
- Develop plans and specifications for water and wastewater system capital improvements project such as water main replacement, steel reservoir rehabilitation, well rehabilitation and booster pump replacement.
- Perform construction management duties including advertising projects for bid, organizing pre-bid and pre-construction meetings, public outreach; coordination with contractors, preparing progress pay estimates; change orders and project close out.
- Prepare reports and studies relative to local, state and federal water and wastewater regulations.
- Assist with District’s Operations Superintendent with maintenance and inspection of District’s facilities such as steel water storage reservoirs, groundwater wells and booster pumps.
- Assist in maintaining District's geographic information system (GIS) program including updating water and wastewater atlases.
- Prepare and submit various permits as needed for work to be performed by Contractors & District's field crews.
- Analyze and maintain varies databases related to water production, sewer treatment and flow, water quality statistics and others.
- Provide engineering and administrative support as necessary for both District Engineer and Operations Superintendent.
- Assist with proposals and RFPs
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering or technical administrative experience with a water or wastewater utility
- Working knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of water / wastewater systems
- Possession of an E.I.T. certificate is required, Professional Registration as a Civil Engineer in the state of CA is desirable
- Water Distribution Operator Grade D1 and/or Water Treatment Operator Grade T1 Certificate
- Possession of a valid CA Driver’s license required
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing