Assistant Traffic Engineer
Lancaster, CA 93534 | Full Time
Project Partners has an immediate need for an Assistant Traffic Engineer at the City of Lancaster. The Assistant Traffic Engineer will perform professional engineering work in the planning, design, inspection, and administration of public works projects with emphasis on traffic engineering projects; and provide technical and functional supervision over technical engineering staff. This position is the entry non-registered level in the traffic engineering series.
The selected individual will be responsible for planning and directing the collection of traffic data, oversee data collection form and content, review and analyze data collected, and prepare a variety of traffic engineering and safety reports. They will also Identify and explain traffic impacts for developer proposals; participate in plan check review and processing of plans for private developments affecting city streets and traffic control devices; plan and coordinate bid packages for project construction; and perform complex calculations and prepare estimates of time and material cost.
The Assistant Traffic Engineer will also coordinate public works and traffic engineering activities with other city departments and outside agencies and represent the Engineering Division and Public Works Department at a variety of meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or related field required
- Coursework in Traffic Engineering/Analysis, a plus
- Prior experience working in a Civil or Traffic Engineering role preferred, but not required
- Possession of or ability to obtain within one year of appointment, an Engineer-In-Training (E.I.T.) Certificate issued by the State of California.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of engineering design and analysis as applied to public works and transportation
- Ability to use computer aided design technology; prepare plans and drawings neatly and accurately; make traffic engineering design computations and check, design, and prepare traffic engineering plans and studies
- Strong communication skills
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing