Assistant Civil Engineer
Lawndale, CA 90260 | Full Time
Project Partners is seeking an Assistant Civil Engineer to work for a municipality in the LA area. Our ideal candidate is a Junior Civil Engineer with 2-5 years of experience, preferably in the public sector, and will assist with design, plan review, and project coordination as-needed.
The selected individual will assist in the planning, designing, and preliminary studying of various public works projects such as facilities, streets, sewers, parking lots, storm drains for construction and maintenance projects. They will also prepare cost estimates, reports, and specifications; compute grades, areas, and volumes; perform field inspections, computations, maps, and other information as needed; and conduct plan review for construction, drainage, and excavation plans for consistency with codes, ordinances, and specifications. The Assistant Civil Engineer will also interface with the public to issue encroachment permits; confer with vendors, developers, and consultants regarding facility and infrastructure development; and administer federal and state grant funds associated with design and construction projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- I.T. certification preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years of Civil Engineering experience preferably in the public sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver’s license and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing