pico rivera, ca Pico Rivera, CA 90660
Project Partners is seeking an experienced ADA Coordinator to assist addressing municipal ADA issues. Responsibilities for the selected individual would include: Oversees, develops, and implements self-evaluation processes to assess policies, procedures, practices, and services related to ADA and accessibility compliance obligations of the municipality in areas such as information technology, communications, and procurement.
Other duties also include: Identifies and evaluates disability and access-related deficiencies in various areas of service. Oversees the design and development of process flow diagrams and recommends resolutions to process flow deficiencies. Collaborates with various City stakeholders and provides guidance in the development and revision of methods to ensure the City consistently meets the ADA program access obligations.
Maintains and ensures accountability and completion of required tasks by coordinating with key City stakeholder groups. Oversees and coordinates with Facilities Services Division on the City’s Barrier Removal Plan and access compliance activities including surveying barriers at all City facilities; conducting design reviews for applicable code conformance, and Critical Barrier Removal requests.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in architecture, law, engineering, public policy or public administration is require.
- Five years of full-time paid combined supervisory or management experience in developing and implementing ADA compliance programs or employer-based compliance or accommodation programs mandated by federal and State laws, and construction-related experience as it relates to accessibility standards.
- Professional experience must have included working with individuals with disabilities to ensure access in areas such as public accommodations, transportation, communications, and employment, and/or work in regulatory compliance with an emphasis on accessibility. Substantial experience in evaluating or assisting public entities in evaluation the accessibility of facilities under Title II of the ADA. Experience managing a budget and experience with ADA Title II.
- Valid license either as an architect or as a registered civil engineer is required.
- Certification as a Certified Access Specialist (CASp) by the Division of the State Architect is required.
Professional Associate recognition from the National Association of ADA Coordinators is preferable
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing