Senior Mechanical Engineer - Wastewater
Playa del Rey, CA | Full Time
Project Partners is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer with experience in wastewater system design to perform a wide variety of complex engineering duties involving wastewater treatment and collection systems including design, project management, operational and compliance review, and permit issuance and enforcement.
This position inspects and analyzes plant operations and implements process improvements; serves as a technical resource and advisor to assigned plant systems, and projects/programs; researches problems and conducts engineering related studies; and performs related work as required.
If you are interested in doing innovative work, but are tired of the constant cycle of frantic proposal writing, limited budget and high-pressure deadlines commonly found in consulting firms? Then this position is for you.
This is a great opportunity to work with talented engineers of various disciplines, on a mix of new designs as well as existing design improvements.
- Prepare detailed drawings, technical specifications, and scopes of work and perform construction support services. Candidate shall also have experience performing interdisciplinary review of engineering design documentation.
- Perform calculations, design and oversee design by Consultants of mechanical systems related to sewers, sewer rehab, piping, wastewater treatment systems, reclaimed water systems, lift stations, pumps, etc.
- Prepare more complex engineering plan clarifications and changes in response to contractor’s request for information during construction of facility and verify that equipment meets design specifications and/or regulatory requirements.
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related field).
- 10 years of professional practice ideally in the water or wastewater field
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- At least 10-12 years of related work experience demonstrating continual progression of experience and expertise.
- Good written and oral communications skills,
- A familiarity of industry practices and regulations
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
401(k) program Profit sharing