Recycled Water/Cross Connection Coordinator
Escondido, CA | Full Time
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Recycled Water/Cross Connection Coordinator to assist with various projects. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in maintaining Cross-Connection Control Program. This may include maintaining administration functions and/or functions as performed by a Cross Connection Control Specialist (conducting surveys and making decisions related to backflow protection requirements).
- Review all submitted plans and specifications within sphere of influence of recycled water system, for City compliance and industry standards as required. Read and interpret blueprints.
- Notifies involved agencies/users of significant non-compliance problems; enacts enforcement actions for non-compliance users in an expedient manner to ensure public safety.
- Distributes and advises all users with current listing of all City rules and regulations.
- Reviews and approves on-site plans/as-built to the recycled water system for conformance with standards.
- Conducts research and gathers data to assist in the development and implementation of the recycled water program.
- Responds to customer complaints; participates in planning and any educational efforts.
- Performs annual or other required inspections of existing connections to the recycled system and makes arrangement for replacement of defective material while resolving non-compliance issues.
Required Education, Knowledge, and Skill Levels:
- Three to four years experience in municipal water operations is highly desirable.
- College-level coursework in water technology or a related field is highly desirable.
- Possession of a Cross Connection Control Specialist Grade I
- Knowledge of methods, materials and techniques used for the connection to public water systems.
- Knowledge of Federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations governing residential, industrial and commercial water quality, backflow prevention and cross-connection control programs.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations affecting municipal water departments.
- Familiarity with Title 17 and Title 22 of the State Code and related regulations.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
401(k) program Profit sharing