Gardena, CA | Full Time
We have immediate opening for Project Engineer in support role and working independently on multiple projects. The candidate is accountable for the delivery and completion of capital projects on time and within budget. May be required to provide limited supervision and/or direction of support staff. May also report directly to the Capital Program Manager on specific projects.
- Oversees construction of multiple capital projects
- Works independently on smaller projects when required.
- Coordinates internal and external resources towards the completion of assigned capital projects while balancing the needs of operations and customer service functions and schedules.
- Prioritizes assigned capital projects within area of responsibility.
- Prepares and monitors and reports on project schedules and budgets and implements corrective actions when needed.
- Monitors quality control and inspection activities on assigned projects and suggests corrective actions when required.
- Prepares and presents to supervisor periodic reports on progress of assigned capital projects
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, mechanical, or environmental engineering OR Bachelor’s degree in construction management or a closely related field.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is a Plus
- Two years of construction management experience on public works or public utility projects.
- Knowledge of and experience using project management software (particularly MS Project) preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication and analytical skills.
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing