Ontario, CA | Full Time
Project Partners has an immediate opening for a Program Scheduler proficient in Microsoft Project. The Program Scheduler is a construction professional with proven experience in construction scheduling and financial / cash flow forecasting. This position would be responsible for the development and maintenance of the water systems infrastructure program master schedule and generation of cash flow projections. The master schedule and cash flow projections are achieved through a combination of utilizing construction management/scheduling skillset, exercising personal judgment, and participation in project meetings. It will also involve communication with engineering, program management, and operations personnel, as well as application of project scheduling logic and efficient application of various software applications to produce accurate and pertinent reports.
The Program Scheduler is a construction professional tasked with the responsibility of developing comprehensive project delivery schedules and financial forecasts ranging from $75M to $100M annually for capital improvement program. The project schedules are utilized by Asset Management group as tools to manage Asset Management workforce and to manage project delivery. The Program Scheduler is also responsible for developing financial models to forecast Capital Improvement Project (CIP) spending. These CIP forecasts are utilized by Finance Department to develop Company financial reports and to forecast cash flow and identify future funding needs.
The Program Scheduler is also responsible for continually refining the project schedules as information is made available throughout the project lifecycle. The Program Scheduler must have the expertise and knowledge to be able to draw on his/her experience to develop the specific tasks that will be necessary to deliver each type of potable water project with consideration to various State, County, and local government regulations, codes, and permitting requirements, as well as geographical, geological and other impacts. The Program Scheduler must possess a broad knowledge of State, County, and local codes, and be able to independently draw upon his/her knowledge and experience to assess and make determinations on schedule impacts.
The Program Scheduler is tasked with developing comprehensive project delivery schedules that will be used in a multitude of ways, including but not limited to:
- Financial Forecasting
- Project Management
- Personnel workload assessments
- Contractor workload assessments
- Evaluation of project delivery impact due to changes in allowable working ours
- Developing actual CIP spend and comparing and contrasting it with the forecasted model
- Assessing the impact of State, County and local governmental agencies permitting timeframes
- Assessing impacts of the market availability of large water components such as pumps, motors, motor control centers, and other long lead time items
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops complete program schedules with program logic using MS Project and/or Primavera.
- Provides project reports and monthly program schedule reports indicating current progress against baseline and forecasted completion dates
- Participates in project meetings to obtain activity and resource updates. Develops reports on the program using actual and projected expenditures generated from the program schedule.
- Produces ad-hoc individual project schedules using Critical Path Method.
- Develops and makes recommendations on project scopes, schedules and budgets for use in the creation of the project work breakdown structure
- Identifies and brings to the attention of the Director of Capital Programs potential risks associated with schedule slippage and the potential risks of a contractor becoming overextended in regard to workload. Updates actual cost and run financial reports and prepares cash flow projections in conjunction with the program schedule.
- Assists planning for personnel and participates in rate case high level scheduling and cash flow projections.
- Assists managers and centralized procurement services department in preparing bidding, contracting and contractor’s work load schedule.
- Codes scheduling activities for filtering and reporting.
- Records historical scheduling performance data for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future scheduling forecasting.
- Consults and communicates with planning department, project team, engineering staff, operations personnel, and contractors.
- Links, imports, updates and manipulates data from various sources efficiently.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Loads resources and produces resource usage reports for all phases of the capital program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction management, computer information systems or related field and six years of experience in construction/project management or scheduling.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Project or Primavera.
Qualities of a Successful Program Scheduler:
- Flexible, thoughtful, accountable, and passionate about work
- Willingness to learn
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service support and interventions with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work well with staff who have differing priorities
- Completes tasks and assignments with minimal supervision
- Goal driven
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Web Based Learning, Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint, Project and Primavera and other applicable software.
- Ability to: Analyze and input data on project budgets and schedules; communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, professional associates and with the general public.
- Working Knowledge: Principles and practices of project management, safe work practices.
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing