Electrical GIS Analyst
Anaheim, CA | Full Time
Project Partners is seeking a GIS Analyst with experience in GIS for electrical utilities to assist with various projects. The analyst should be proficiency in Electric GIS and GIS technologies and applications, such as ESRI, ArcFM, ArcGIS, ArcInfo, ArcEditor, and ArcView. The individual will work with in a municipal Electrical Engineering division and completed work with senior GIS Supervisor, GIS Analyst, Electrical Engineers, or other higher-level staff.
The Analyst duties will include:
- Act in a lead capacity on complex Electric GIS data conversion/digitization/maintenance projects.
- Interpret information from recorded maps, as-built drawings, land grants, deeds, and other source documents.
- Transpose complex data from source documents (record maps, deeds, etc.) using Coordinate Geometry (COGO), digitizing or scanning methods into GIS databases. Data types include, but are not limited to, parcels, streets, electric systems.
- Review and verify GIS digital files and related databases for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established formats and standards.
- Generate print and distribute standard and custom products such as reports, maps, diagrams, exhibits and displays using computer GIS software and applications, and related printing and plotting equipment.
- Use GIS software to query location, relationships, trends, patterns, adjacency, containment, and proximity of map features and data.
- Two years experience as a GIS Operator I OR experience equivalent to advanced journey level GIS technical operating experience using GIS software (ESRI, ArcFM, ArcGIS) and tools
- Experience in producing both standard and custom GIS mapping related products, and develop simple GIS tools and extensions.
- Experience as lead person in managing complex Electric GIS data conversion/digitization/maintenance projects and proficiency with ESRI, ArcFM, ArcGIS is desirable.
- Knowledge and practices of Electric GIS, functions and procedures of GIS software, computer hardware operating systems, and basic knowledge of electrical systems is desirable.
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing