Civil Engineer - Street/Road Designer
Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Provide design and drafting services for roads design team for the preliminary and detail design phases of a project;
- Prepare drawings in accordance with current design standards
- Preparing design drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Interpreting survey results into technical drawings
- Curb & Gutter and Street Improvement design
Civil Engineering Designer
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in civil engineering design with a minimum of 3 years of roadway design experience;
- Engineer in Training Certificate is preferred;
- Excellent working knowledge of principles, procedures and technical skills to operate various Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) systems including, but not limited to AutoCAD, Civil 3D and AutoTurn;
- Good knowledge of the principles, techniques, and nomenclature used in civil engineering drafting;
- Good knowledge with proven experience of civil engineering practices and procedures as applied to street design and construction, drainage systems, and other public works improvements;
- Good knowledge with construction material and methodology used in street construction;
- Good knowledge and proven experience in preparing Class O, C, B and A Engineer’s Estimates, in accordance with the Project Delivery Manual procedures;
- Good knowledge and applications of City, State, and Federal design procedures and standards, regulatory compliance, and agency coordination for developing the PS&E package;
- Ability to conduct independent field investigations and collect field data to support design work;
- Ability to research, identify and provide a written report and/or summary of potential utility relocation and protect-in-place items to fulfill grant funding requirements.
- Ability to conduct independent field inspection and investigation of street and street facilities and prepare technical report that includes analysis of problem and recommended solution;
- Ability to perform drafting, detailing, and plotting of construction plans;
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop solutions to overcome problems;
- Good communication skills, both written and oral;
- Good team player with City staff and stakeholders;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software;
- Highly motivated, quick learner and a self-starter;
- Familiarity in working with City agencies is desired;
- Familiarity with the Project Delivery Manual and its procedures;
- Good understanding of safety issues including Cal OSHA regulations.
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing