Civil Engineer - Development Plan Check
Lancaster, CA | Full Time
Project Partners is seeking a Civil Engineer – Development Plan Check to work with City of Lancaster. The Development Plan Check Engineer will perform all plan checking and review of supporting documents necessary for private development permit issuance approval and ensure confirm general conformance with the city’s conditions for approval, engineering design guidelines policies and procedures, California manual on uniform traffic control devices, standards plans specifications for public works construction, landscape and irrigation design standards, master plans, checklists, municipal code, and other city guidelines.
Essential responsibilities shall include grading permit and encroachment permit plan check including but not limited to rough and/or precise grading, street, street light, street tree, traffic signal, signing & striping, temporary traffic control, storm drain, sewer, landscape & irrigation, and recycled water and/or recycled water improvement plans. The Plan Check Engineer will also review supporting design technical reports including but not limited to hydrology studies, hydraulic calculations, sewer area studies, geotechnical/soils reports, structural reports/calculations, and supporting securities (“bond”) estimates and permit fee calculations.
The selected individual will ensure that stakeholder coordinate with all stakeholders throughout the plan check process and attend meetings necessary for plan check, including but not limited to coordinating and meeting with Developers/Owners, Private Engineers, and other City Departments, Divisions and Sections.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or related field required
- At least 1 year of civil engineering work experience in a design or plan review role
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a land development or related project(s)
- Possession of or ability to obtain an International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO) and/or International Code Council (ICC) Plans Examiner Certificate.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of engineering design and analysis
- Ability to perform professional and technical plan checking duties related to commercial, industrial and residential building plans
- Strong communication skills
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing