Civil Engineer - Building and Safety Plan Check
Lancaster, CA | Full Time
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Civil Engineer – Building and Safety Plan Check at the City of Lancaster. Our ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience designing residential, industrial, or commercial projects or performing engineering plan review of residential, industrial, or commercial projects for a public agency.
The Building and Safety Plan Check Engineer will review and evaluate building construction plans for completeness and accuracy relative to engineering standards, structural and energy calculations, fire resistive requirements, disabled access and conditions of approval and recommend necessary changes to plans to ensure compliance with building, plumbing, mechanical, etc. codes and regulations. The Selected individual will also coordinate plan check activities with other city departments and outside agencies; prepare reports, drawings, and correspondence including corrections and deficiencies as submitted in plans/documents; and participate in pre-design meetings and conduct field inspections to check building sites prior to construction as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or related field required
- Concentration or specialization in Structural Engineering highly desirable
- At least one year of Civil Engineering work experience in a design or plan review role
- Possession of or ability to obtain an International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO) and/or International Code Council (ICC) Plans Examiner Certificate.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of engineering design and analysis
- Ability to perform professional and technical plan checking duties related to commercial, industrial and residential building plans
- Strong communication skills
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing