Capital Program Engineer
Gardena, CA | Full Time
Project Partners is seeking a Capital Program Engineer is accountable for ensuring the delivery and completion of capital projects on time and within budget by stewarding projects from inception to closing. The Capital Program Team is responsible for managing the Construction Work In Progress (CWIP) by expeditiously completing and closing projects. The Capital Program Engineer is ensuring multiple assigned projects are completed on time and within budget by hands on project management and by assignment of staff to individual tasks and projects in an efficient manner. The Capital Program Engineer will ensure the coordination of pre-construction, construction and commissioning activities with Operations, Engineering Design, and Water Quality departments to minimize disruptions to core business activities and to deliver projects that meet the needs of front-line utility personnel.
- Coordinates internal and external resources towards the completion of assigned capital projects, while working closely with and balancing the needs of operations, customer service, engineering design, and water quality functions and schedules.
- Prioritizes assigned capital projects within area of responsibility.
- Manages multiple projects in various locations as assigned.
- Prepares, monitors and reports on assigned project schedules and budgets; Monitors quality control and inspection activities and implements corrective actions when required.
- Approves vendor and contractor payment requests.
- Coordinates field changes with appropriate engineering staff.
- Prepares and presents to management periodic reports on progress of assigned capital projects.
- Ensures that legal, regulatory and company requirements and commitments are met with respect to assigned capital projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Environmental Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- No less than four (4) years of relevant experience in managing public works and/or public utility projects.
- Knowledge of and experience using project management software (particularly Primavera and MS Project) preferred.
- Experience as a Water Engineer in the water utility industry a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication and analytical skills.
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing