Lancaster, CA | Full Time
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Building Inspector at The City of Lancaster. Under immediate supervision, the Building Inspector will perform inspections of residential buildings in the process of construction, alteration, or repair for compliance with applicable codes, approved plans and specifications, safe construction practices, and other regulations and ordinances related to the safety, health, and welfare of the public. The selected individual will also inspect existing buildings and structures to determine hazardous conditions and ensure suitability of structures for specific uses; heating and ventilating systems, retaining walls, fences, and other structures in the process of construction, remodeling or repair; and determine if the structure meets approved permit, plans, specifications, applicable codes, and special inspection requirements.
Other responsibilities include inspecting residential sites and buildings prior to remodeling to determine validity of permit application and compliance with zoning restrictions, assisting builders, owners, engineers, and architects in determining how corrections may be made to achieve code compliance, and providing technical information, including interpretation of building plans and specifications and interpretation of code requirements relative to building construction to contractors, property owners, and the public at the public counter and over the phone. The Inspector will also investigate complaints, issue stop-work orders and citations, stay abreast of current codes and regulations, and issue building permits for fully examined and approved plans as needed.
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent required
- Specialized training or coursework in building/construction trades highly desirable
- Prior experience in the building construction field as a journey level craftsperson in one or more of the principal construction trades preferred, but not required
- Possession of or ability to obtain within one year of appointment, an International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO) and/or International Code Council (ICC) Building Inspection Certificate or Combination Certificate
- Knowledge of uniform standards of building, housing, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical codes; modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment
- Ability to learn to perform field inspection duties related to construction/modification of various structures relative to applicable codes, ordinances, and laws; learn to interpret and apply technical building codes and ordinances
- Strong communication skills
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing